Fully Booked - Katipunan
Ground Floor, Regis Center
Katipunan Avenue cor. F.B. dela Rosa


Dear Fully Booked:

I am writing to express concern over the manner in which your books are classified on your shelves. In recent weeks I found great titles all of which were incorrectly shelved.

The Big Necessity: The Unmentionable World of Human Waste and Why It Matters by Rose George was a book I found under the "war" section of the store. It is a fascinating book on sanitation but has absolutely nothing to do with war.

I found the book entitled "Thomas Jefferson's Qur'an: Islam and the Founders" by Denise A. Spellberg under "Religion." This book is not about religion. It is a history book on the influence of the Qur'an on the writing of the American Constitution. Most recently I found The Second Amendment: A Biography by Michael Waldman under biographies. Despite the title, this book is really about the history of the second amendment of the US Constitution and should have been placed under "law" or even "current events" considering the debate about gun control in the US.

These are all excellent books that I would not have found had I only followed the categories on your shelves. It is with sheer luck that I found them; only because I happened to glance at the "wrong" shelves at the right time.

May I request that you take more care in the manner you classify your books? I do not want to think that I am missing out on important books simply because bookstores seem to be carelessly stacking their shelves.

Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mactan Cebu International Airport Authority v. City of Lapu-Lapu, et al., G.R. No. 181756, June 15, 2015.

Alternative to Oposa

McCain: Misleadership